2010 Suzuki SFV 650 Gladius
Destined to those who just approach riding, the new Gladius not only impresses through the way it looks, but with the help of a low seat (only 30.9 inches from the ground) and a fuel-injected, twin plug head engine, which is tuned for low-to-mid range torque.
Production costs were kept as low as possible and that implies a little bit of sacrifice on the weight chapter. For example, the trellis frame is made out of steel instead of aluminum. That brings a significant contribution to the 446 lbs wet weight that doesn’t do the Gladius that much good.
* Engine: 645 cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90 V-Twin
* Bore Stroke: 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm
* Compression Ratio: 11.5 : 1
* Fuel System: Fuel Injection
* Lubrication: Wet sump
* Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
* Starter: Electric
* Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
* Primary Drive Ratio: 2.088 (71/34)
* Final Drive Ratio: 3.067 (46/15)