Chevrolet Camaro SS Indy 500 Pace Car, 2009
The 2010 Chevy Camaro Indianapolis 500 pace car is a 21st century sports car that looks to the future with a nod to both the car's and the race's heritage. The first year for Camaro to pace the Indianapolis 500 was in 1967, the year the Camaro made its debut. Camaro has since paced the race in 1969, 1982, 1993 and 2009.
2010 pace car features an Inferno Orange Metallic paint scheme with White Diamond rally stripes that travel from the front to the rear over the top of the body, as well as extending to the instrument panel. The design is a modern interpretation of the original rally stripe that debuted on the 1969 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car.
The 2010 pace car is equipped with a stock 400 hp 6.2L V-8, an RS appearance package and leather interior with Inferno Orange interior accents. The pace car also features unique design cues that further enhance the Camaro's head-turning design. Features unique to the pace car:
* 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo painted on doors and embroidered on driver and passenger headrests
* 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo badges on front fenders
* All-new front grille insert that Chevrolet plans to offer as a future Camaro accessory
* Amber lens tail lamps
* Complete safety strobe light system with custom interior light bar in the rear window (no rooftop light bar)
* All-new GM Accessory floor mats with red and orange accent stitching